Friday, January 10, 2014

Hold on....so How do you do beach surveys again?? (Photos Inside)

Who knew surveying a beach for debris could be so complicated! Well it is when you don't know what the hell your doing!! Thank goodness for Carolynn Box, my former crew mate and Environmental Coordinator at 5 Gyres. She is responsible for successfully launching the Plastic Beach project throughout Marin County in California. When we first started The Plastic Beach Project it was quite the ordeal as we didn't have the proper equipment and
I was having some troubles understanding the proper execution of the methods. After hours of skype calls with Carolynn, which consisted of several drawings to aid in my understanding, I got it! In the words of Drake- "We started from the bottom, now we here" Lol That's a pretty new age quote, I'll go with it. I'm proud of the leaps and bounds we've made since launching this project but I can't ever forget where we started from. These photos below are from our "trial", "trial" trial survey, as we had several trial runs until we perfected our technique. FYI this survey was not performed correctly lol.







No comments:

Post a Comment