Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Hafa Adai!


Have you ever been around someone who has learned a new phrase and incorporates it into their vocabulary often? Guilty as charged! A student in my research class expressed her fondness for gorp candy bars by describing it as ‘thebomb.com”. This is exactly how I feel about my very short but sweet visit to Guam......and besides thebomb.com rhymes with Guam therefore this statement must be true! =)

After 16.5 hours and two time zones of travelling, I left Tokyo and headed to Guam. Hafa Adai! Welcome to Guam, was warmly plastered all over the airport. Once I arrived my next step was to find a place to stay, this was accomplished in a matter of minutes. After waiting outside of the West Arrivals of the airport, Blaine my driver from the hotel came to pick me up. We cruised to the tunes of Notorius B.I.G as we dropped of another passenger and headed to Subway for a late night snack. Blaine who is originally from the Philippines, gave me some insight on what it's like to grow up in Guam and detailed some activities one may enjoy while on the island. These activities include hiking, scuba diving, bowling, and bar hoping. Since he is afraid of heights, can't swim and under aged, he expressed that his life was quite boring. Luckily for me I enjoy several of the activities listed so I must return to Guam to discover its true beauty!







No comments:

Post a Comment