Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Thank You


Today I am getting set to embark on the adventure of a lifetime sailing across the Pacific Ocean to study plastic pollution of the Western Garbage Patch, an area that has been unexplored for over 25 years. This research trip will serve as my formal training for conducting plastic research within The Bahamas. Thanks to the generous support of each and every one of you I am fortunate enough to take part in such an historic research expedition. Words cannot express how grateful I am to all of you that believed in my ability to participate in this research and took the time to help me garner the tools necessary to take part in this trip.

For donating the entire trip free of charge I would like to thank Dr. Marcus Eriksen and the 5 Gyres Institute along with Bill Francis and the Algalita Marine Research Institute

Bobbi Hallig, Jim Davidson, Lucinda Ziesing, Claire Mettewie, Christian Henry,Eleanor Philips and The Nature Conservancy, Casuarina Mckinney-Lambert and BREEF, The Bahamas national Trust and The Cape Eleuthera Foundation, I Thank You for your generous and whole-hearted contributions towards travel funding for this trip.

Chris and Pam Maxey, Christian Henry, David Jea, Cape Eleuthera Foundation, Cape Eleuthera Institute, Dr. Marcus Eriksen, Josh Shultz, Annabelle Brooks, Aaron Shultz, Thank You for your continued support, guidance and wisdom.

I am overwhelmed with gratitude and appreciation. Thank You Again.

Kristal Ambrose.

No comments:

Post a Comment