Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Stop, Pause, Rewind


3,000 miles, nearly 20 days at sea and one incredible journey later, our crew has finally made it to Japan.  After spending three weeks at sea the entire crew was pretty excited to return to land; although it was bittersweet. We arrived in Japanese waters two days ago and docked at the Yokohama Bayside Marina yesterday. Our entire team enjoyed a fun-filled celebratory night in Shin-sugita where we dined at a local Japanese restaurant before heading back to the Sea Dragon to spend our last night on board.

Living in the middle of the ocean on a sailboat strips you of certain amenities, like internet; hence why my blog hasn’t been updated for the past few weeks, my apologies for keeping you all in suspense.  So join me as I turn back the clock and live each day as if I was still out to sea and take you through the day to day activities of a marine researcher!

No comments:

Post a Comment